Monday, October 02, 2006

It's Official - New Band!

My audition with the dixieland band - Ain't Misbehavin' - went great. About 1/2 way through the first song we played I was in love with this band.

Most of the music is loud and raucous and fun. Some of it is a bit slower and bluesy and fun.

The musicians were all great - the horns all took turns with solos, they talked about tempos and dynamics, they think about what's important to the audience - for a group of people just doing this for fun they were really good at pinpointing what needed to happen to each song. And I liked all of the people, too.

So another rehersal or two and my first gig with them is in November. While I'm primarily playing tuba with them - it's great for the dixie stuff - they did ask me to bring along my bass for some of the more standard dance numbers. So I'll probably haul both along to the next practice and see how that goes.

This was one of the best times I've had playing music in awhile!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home