Sunday, January 09, 2005

Sight Reading

As I mentioned, I'm playing @ the church next week. I've played tuba with them on and off since I was a freshman in college.

This afternoon I got a call from Connie, the orchestra director. She asked which instrument I planned on playing, because the regular bass player couldn't make it next week.

Since I've never played bass in a group other than just playing with friends, and never played bass anywhere I had to read bass/rhythm music before, I took both the bass and the tuba. (I was very happy I didn't need to carry my amp, too). In case I just totally destroyed the bass parts, I could switch over to tuba.

I couldn't believe how well it went. Of course there were a couple wrong notes, usually when I forgot a key signature called for something like Fb. I didn't have any problems keeping time or finding notes on the fretboard or anything like that. It was great. A little challenging and a lot of fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home